One of the dishes we’ve enjoyed preparing the most is shrimp aguachile en molcajete because it’s so quick and easy to make.
This dish is prepared with fresh shrimp cut into butterfly shapes seasoned with hot sauce, chiltepin and serrano chiles, cucumber and onion and has a special texture and flavor to the palate!
- 500 grams of shrimp
- 5 chiltepin chiles
- 1 serrano chile
- 1 tablespoon black pepper (or 7 pieces black pepper)
- 7 lemons
- 1 cucumber
- ¼ white onion
- ¼ red onion
- 1 avocado
- Guacamaya sauce to taste
- Salt to taste
- Shrimp broth and clamato ( optional )
Also prepare a delicious shrimp molcajete with beef, chicken and chiles.
- With a sharp knife make a cut along the length of each shrimp and unwrap them, rinse with plenty of water to remove the intestines. The shrimp should be open and with a butterfly cut.
- Extract the juice from the lemons with the help of a juicer or strainer and marinate the shrimp in the juice for 5 minutes in a medium bowl.
- Meanwhile, place the chiltepin chile, peppers, and chopped serrano chile in the molcajete and grind until a fine mixture is obtained.
- Add the guacamaya sauce and salt to taste, then peel and slice the cucumber lengthwise and cut it into crescents, add chopped white and red onion and avocado.
- In a medium bowl add the shrimp, cucumber and chopped onions and stir a little. Finally take to the molcajete, stir a little, add a little lime juice and clamato.
- If you don’t have guacamaya sauce to season your shrimp aguachile in molcajete you can use any hot sauce.
- You can marinate the shrimp for 1 hour although we have found that 5 to 10 minutes is enough. You can also cook the shrimp for 3 minutes in boiling water, let cool and add the lemon juice.