Chinese breaded shrimp are one of the dishes that can easily adapt to any party or family gathering, they are delicious and easy to prepare, they contain a layer of cornstarch and egg that make the shrimp super crispy when fried. Come and join us to prepare this appetizer.
- 400 grams of shrimp
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Ketchup for serving
- Stretch shrimp and cut a small line in the back to remove veins. Wash with water and drain thoroughly. Transfer to a bowl, add a pinch of salt and white pepper and marinate for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, break the 2 eggs and then add the cornstarch. Mix well and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 and ½ cups of vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Once very hot, begin frying the shrimp in batches of 4 on each side until golden brown.
- Remove your Chinese breaded shrimp from the oil and transfer them to a bowl, allow the extra oil to drain and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
If you liked this dish and you love Asian food, don’t miss these delicious tempura shrimp.
- It is very important to maintain a balanced ratio of egg liquid to cornstarch. The paste formed has to be smooth as it should form a thin layer over the shrimp. If you feel it is too thin, add a little more cornstarch to adjust it. I recommend adding the cornstarch a tablespoon at a time.