Coconut breaded shrimp is a great option for party food, but can also be prepared as a quick dinner. They can be served with a simple green salad topped with various toppings, croutons and a little salt and pepper to taste.
- 500 grams of shrimp
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour or whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper and salt
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, pepper and salt. Then whisk the eggs in a second bowl. And in a third bowl, mix the bread together with the shredded coconut.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and dip the shrimp, then dredge them in the flour, then the eggs and finally in the coconut mixture. Press gently to adhere, place coated shrimp aside on a plate while you coat the remaining shrimp.
- Pour enough oil to cover the bottom of a large skillet over medium heat. Fry shrimp in batches of 6 on each side for 2 minutes, then alternate shrimp until golden brown all over.
- Place shrimp on a plate and sprinkle with a little chopped cilantro, salt and pepper to taste.
You can accompany your coconut breaded shrimp with a good hot chili sauce and ketchup or, failing that, mayonnaise with parsley, pepper and mustard.