Today we will prepare some delicious and crunchy breaded shrimp with panko, one of the easiest recipes to prepare and that you can enjoy with different toppings that complement this delicious dish. Come and join us to prepare these tasty shrimp.
- 350 grams of shrimp
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon Greek yogurt or milk
- Extra virgin olive oil
You may also be interested in: Shrimp Tempura.
- Wash the shrimp, remove their heads, remove them by making a cut with a knife on the top, rinse with plenty of water and let dry in a saucepan. Then sprinkle with a little salt.
- Beat the egg with the Greek yogurt or milk until well blended, then pour into a small bowl.
- Place the flour in a small shallow dish and the panko in another dish. Choose a skillet large enough to hold all the shrimp in a single layer. Pour enough oil into the pan to half cover the shrimp. Heat oil over medium-high heat for 3 minutes.
- While oil is heating, coat shrimp evenly with flour in first bowl. Gradually transfer shrimp to egg mixture and turn to coat with egg.
- Finally, transfer them to the bowl with the panko and coat the shrimp with an even, thin layer of crumbs. Repeat this process with the rest of the shrimp.
- When the oil is hot, carefully add the coated shrimp. Cook for about 3 minutes, or until the first side turns golden brown. Turn and cook for 2 minutes, or until the second side is golden brown.
- Remove the shrimp and transfer to a platter to drain, wait about 2 minutes and get ready to enjoy these delicious panko breaded shrimp.