Today we will prepare some charcoal grilled shrimp skewers accompanied by vegetables. A dish in which we have marinated the shrimp with chipotle chili, garlic and ground black pepper.
Discover how to prepare these tender grilled shrimp in just 5 easy steps!
- 500 grams (1 pound) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 zucchini, cut into ½-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons (30 milliliters) olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 chipotle pepper packed in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Stir together all adobo ingredients (oil, garlic, chili powder, chipotle powder or pepper, cumin, salt and pepper) in a bowl or large zip-top bag.
- Add the shrimp to the marinade and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 45 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to high heat for 5 minutes, lower to medium heat and carefully scrape the grill grates to make sure they are clean.
- Skewer the shrimp, zucchini and peppers onto the skewers. Dip the skewers in the remaining marinade and grill for 2 to 4 minutes per side, or until cooked through and lightly charred.
- Serve the charred shrimp skewers with vegetables, noodles, salads or tacos. Adjust the flavor by adding salt and pepper to taste.
We hope you liked this charcoal shrimp skewers recipe, prepare it, give it your special touch and share it with family and friends!
- If you are not sure when the shrimp are cooked, keep in mind that 4 minutes will be enough or also note when they are pink.
- For the charcoal shrimp skewers you can use the largest shrimp, they are labeled according to their size or the number of shrimp you can get per kilo.
- For this dish we recommend using the medium shrimp but if you use smaller shrimp the recipe will still be delicious.