Grilling out doors is one of the best ways to spend time with family and friends, especially in the summer. And for those who love vegetables, fish and seafood, we have some delicious shrimp and sirloin steak skewers. A recipe that we have been testing and improving until we get a really exquisite taste.
- 500 grams (1 pound) sirloin steak, cut in cubes
- 500 grams (1 pound) large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 500 grams (1 pound) fresh mushrooms, whole
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, halved and quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 can pineapple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 500 grams cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ teaspoons cornstarch
- In a large bowl, combine teriyaki sauce, sugar, garlic cloves, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and pineapple juice. Stir a little.
- Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag and add the meat. Seal the bag and refrigerate overnight or for about 6 hours, turning occasionally. Cover and refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Drain marinade from meat and discard. On metal or wooden skewers soaked with water, thread meat, shrimp, mushrooms, green peppers, onions and tomatoes, then set aside.
- In small saucepan, combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth. Cook over medium-high heat and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Moisten grill grates with vegetable oil and using a brush or paper towel, prepare grill for grilling and heat for 5 minutes.
- Place shrimp and beef skewers over medium indirect heat for 6 minutes, turning and basting with sauce. Continue cooking for 2 more minutes or until shrimp are pink and meat is cooked to desired doneness.
- We have selected the sirloin steak because it is very tender and low in fat, although you can also choose the cut of meat of your preference but keep in mind that you may have to cook it separately from the shrimp.
- Leave the meat marinating in the refrigerator one day before preparation, this way you will get a better flavor. We also recommend that the shrimp be fresh and from the same day, although if you have them in the freezer, thaw them for 1 hour at room temperature before preparing your shrimp and meat skewers.