If you are one of those people who enjoy tasting nutritious and easy to prepare dishes then don’t miss this recipe of shrimp and chicken skewers seasoned with black pepper, lemon juice and a white wine that will give that peculiar touch and aroma to the dish.
- 1 kilogram (2 pounds) boneless boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 500 grams (1 pound) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- ¼ cup juice of about one lemon
- white wine
- zest of one lemon
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Wooden skewers
You may also be interested in: Rice with Shrimp and Chicken.
- Fill a baking dish 1/3 full of water and large enough to hold the wooden skewers so that they get soaked. Set aside on one side.
- Prepare the chicken by removing the fat and cutting it into cubes, then peel and devein the shrimp. In a bowl add the olive oil, garlic, black pepper, salt, oregano, lemon zest, lemon juice and ¼ of a glass of white wine.
- Thread the chicken and shrimp onto the skewers, when all the skewers are threaded, place them in the baking dish and pour the prepared marinade over them. Cover the skewers and marinate in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours for the chicken and 1 hour for the shrimp.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place the shrimp and chicken skewers on the hot grill and cook for a few minutes, then turn. Adjust the flavor with salt and pepper, add more white wine if desired.
- Do not mix the shrimp with the chicken as the chicken will take longer to cook than the shrimp.
- Be careful not to cook the shrimp skewers too long, 2 minutes per side will be enough.
- If you can afford it, you can marinate the chicken and shrimp with Chardonnay wine, although almost any dry wine will be enough to give the marinade that special touch.