Today we will prepare shrimp and octopus skewers accompanied by tomatoes, jalapeño peppers, paprika, pepper and salt. This dish has an exquisite combination of flavors and aromas, standing out for the soft texture of the shrimp with a smoky flavor from the paprika.
- 200 grams of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ kilogram of baby octopus
- ½ cup (125 milliliters) olive oil
- 6 fresh jalapeño peppers
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon garlic puree
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Chipotle in adobo sauce
- ½ teaspoon Paprika
- 12 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 10 minutes
- ¼ cup (60 milliliters) white wine vinegar
- In a large bowl add the oil, vinegar, chiles, garlic, sugar, salt, oregano and paprika and mix well. Add the shrimp and octopus and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Then put the jalapeños and cherry tomatoes to char in a frying pan before inserting them on the skewers. Once they are slightly charred, remove and set aside to cool.
- When all the skewers are ready, brush them with the chipotle sauce and add a little salt to each one.
- Preheat the griddle or barbecue plate over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Arrange the seafood evenly among the skewers.
- Spray the barbecue with oil and cook the skewers for 5 minutes on each side, basting them with the remaining marinade. That’s it, you have delicious shrimp and octopus skewers.
If you liked this recipe be sure to check out how to prepare a good shrimp and octopus discada.