Today we’ll show you how to prepare this recipe for shrimp broth cantina style. An excellent appetizer, prepared just like they do in the cantinas!
This dish is ideal to replenish energy and you can eat it the next day after a long day of partying or for those days when it’s cold.
- 3 carrots
- 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 300 grams of dried shrimp
- ¼ piece of white onion
- Epazote leaves to taste
- 2 pieces of guajillo chile
- 100 grams of chopped bacon
- 1 chicken broth cube
- 2 lemons
- 1 clove of garlic
- 4 potatoes
- Salt to taste
- Place the chiles in a saucepan and pour boiling water, let soak for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large saucepan over medium-low heat and add vegetable oil, add the bacon and let it brown a little, then add the garlic and finely chopped epazote, the onion cut into small squares, the carrot and the potatoes and let it fry stirring regularly.
- Then put the chili along with the water in which they were soaked and the garlic clove in a blender, blend until you get a homogeneous paste, about 3 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and turn the heat up to medium and let cook for 10 minutes, once you notice that the ingredients are sautéed but not browned, add the chili sauce with a strainer and in the process add about 1.5 liters of water.
- Crumble the chicken bouillon cube and add it to the mixture, put the lid on the pan and adjust the flavor from time to time by adding salt and pepper. Let it cook for about 15 minutes and finally add the juice of the lemons.
- Don’t forget that the dried shrimp already contain salt, so you should taste the mixture before adding more to know if it is the taste you want. You can also add 1 to 2 tablespoons of pepper and that will be enough.
- It is important that you chop the vegetables into small squares as this will allow for better cooking along with the shrimp.
We hope you liked this cantina style shrimp broth recipe that we have brought for you today, you can accompany this cantina style shrimp broth with whatever you like.