Preparing an exquisite fresh shrimp broth with guajillo chile is an easy task when you follow the steps we’ll teach you today to make this recipe. The spicy flavor that the chile adds to the broth along with the mixture of shrimp and vegetables makes this dish, characteristic of the Mexican coast, exquisite.
- 1 kilogram of shrimp
- 7 guajillo chiles
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 800 grams of tomatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Half an avocado
You may also be interested in preparing a fresh shrimp broth with more combinations of chilies.
- Carefully peel and devein the shrimp, remove the heads, keep the shells and then brown them in the oven until crispy.
- Cut the tomatoes into medium pieces, place them in a pot along with the finely chopped onion and garlic and cook over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- Clean the guajillo peppers and remove the seeds. Then add them to the previous mixture along with the shrimp shells previously browned in the oven.
- Add water up to the top of the pan and heat over medium-high heat, then add the carrots, after 5 minutes, add the potatoes and in 5 more minutes, the shrimp.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and adjust the flavor while stirring your fresh shrimp broth with guajillo chile from time to time.
We recommend that you serve this dish with rice and some good tacos or tortillas, in this recipe we add chopped avocados to complement our broth.
- You can blend the onion, garlic, tomatoes and chiles along with the shrimp shells to prevent the guajillo from being unpleasant to the taste due to its hard and difficult to digest shell.
- Another way to prepare this shrimp broth with guajillo chile is to use the shrimp without peeling.