Today we bring you this delicious chipotle shrimp broth prepared with corn, potatoes, bacon, soft shrimp cooked in a delicious thick cream with a spicy touch of chipotle chiles.
Let’s prepare this recipe with exquisite aroma and flavor, ideal to accompany with bread and tortillas on those cold days.
- 500 grams of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 potatoes cut into small cubes
- 2 teaspoons of canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 4 slices of chopped bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- ¾ cup chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 tablespoon wheat flour
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 ½ cups chicken or vegetable broth or instant seafood broth
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 can corn kernels
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, add bacon, sauté and stir frequently until crisp, about 3 minutes.
- In a large saucepan with a lid over medium heat, add the onions, celery, and garlic and sauté until the vegetables are softened, about 3 minutes. Then add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the white wine and stir to remove the chunks of vegetables from the bottom. Then add 2 tablespoons of broth.
- Add the milk, broth, potatoes, corn, thyme, chipotle pepper, black pepper and salt to taste. Turn the heat to medium-high, place the lid on the pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and cream, put the lid on and let the chipotle shrimp broth cook for 10 minutes. Finally add scallions, parsley and/or crumbled bacon for garnish.
- This chipotle shrimp and chipotle broth recipe can be easily prepared in an instant pressure cooker, we show you how to make it in case you don’t have one.
- Since shrimp can overcook, you should always add them after cooking the vegetables and let them cook for about 10 minutes. This is the perfect time for the shrimp to cook.