In a good seafood broth can not miss the combination of these to flavor the dish, today we will teach you how to prepare a shrimp broth with crab, the best style of cuisine that can be found in coastal areas around the world.
- 1 kilogram of shrimp, deveined and without shells
- 2 crabs, cleaned and cut in halves
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- 2 seedless guajillo chiles
- 1 dried chipotle chile, seeded and seeded
- 1 carrot
- 4 scallion leaves
- ¼ onion
- 1 potato
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pinch ground pepper
- Salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic
- In a skillet over medium-low heat pour a tablespoon of olive oil, add the onion and garlic cloves, sauté for 3 minutes. Set aside in a bowl and in the same skillet add the previously chopped dried chipotle chili, cook stirring for 2 minutes and then set aside.
- In the same skillet over medium-low heat, sauté the previously chopped jalapeño pepper along with chopped tomato. Once roasted, set aside and in the meantime add water along with the scallion leaves and boil for 5 minutes.
- In a blender, add the jalapeño pepper mixture with tomato, the water from boiling the scallion, 2 cubes, guajillo chiles and blend until smooth.
- Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat, the mixture obtained previously and sauté. Meanwhile, peel and chop the potatoes and carrots into small cubes.
- Add butter in a saucepan and cook the shrimp and crabs until they change color, once you notice that the shrimp are pink pour them along with the crabs in the pan with the tomato and chili mixture.
- Put a lid on the pan and let the mixture boil, you can add salt and pepper to taste. And that’s it, you have a delicious shrimp and crab broth.
We hope you liked how to prepare crab in broth with this practical recipe that also includes shrimp.