One of the most characteristic dishes of the coastal areas is the shrimp and fish broth, its ingredients are inexpensive and ideal to feed a large number of people, which makes these dishes one of the favorite dishes for both locals and tourists.
Today we will show you how to prepare this delicious dish in a quick and easy way, stay and join us!
- 800 grams of shrimp
- 300 grams of fish cut into squares
- 2 tomatoes
- 3 potatoes
- 3 carrots
- 2 chiles de árbol
- 4 guajillo chilies
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ onion
- 3 garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean the chiles de árbol and guajillo very well with plenty of water and with the help of a knife completely remove the veins and seeds. Then let them soak in hot water for 5 minutes to soften them.
- Once ready, pour the chiles into a blender along with the garlic, ¼ cup of water, salt and pepper to taste. Blend until you get a smooth paste.
- In a saucepan with olive oil over medium heat, add ¼ of the onion cut into small cubes and sauté until transparent. Once ready add the chili paste with the help of a strainer, add 1 liter of water, this will be the broth of the preparation.
- Once you notice that the broth boils, add the chopped carrots, cook for 5 minutes over medium heat, then add the potatoes cut into small cubes and fish, stir a little and let it all integrate.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, add the tomato cut into small squares, cook for 5 minutes and then add the shrimp and cook for about 8 minutes more.
- Once the mixture has boiled, your shrimp and fish broth is ready and you can season it by adding pepper and salt to taste. Add parsley and basil to taste.
- The most recommended fish to prepare this delicious shrimp and fish broth recipe are cod, halibut, snapper, tilapia and sole because they cook very quickly.
- Any saltwater fish you choose for this recipe should be easy to flake once you prick it with a fork, you can also add scallops to the broth as they are very tender once cooked.
- Don’t forget to top it off with that crusty bread you always have at home! It’s essential here, to help soak up all that extra delicious broth.