Today we will teach you how to prepare a delicious shrimp broth Sinaloa style, this recipe in the best style of this Mexican state, is delicious, very easy to make and gets its peak of flavor to use shrimp with head and shell in their cooking.
- 1 kilogram of shrimp with head and shell
- ½ onion
- 2 guajillo chiles
- 2 dried chiles de árbol
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 carrots
- 2 potatoes
- 1 zucchini
- Oregano to taste
- Parsley to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
Find out how to prepare this fresh shrimp broth recipe.
- In a skillet over low heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil, then add 2 garlic cut in half, the tomatoes cut into large squares, the onion chopped into squares and the guajillo chiles and chiles de arbol previously washed and seeded.
- Increase the heat to medium and sauté until you smell the chiles, add a cup of water and a little salt to taste, when it starts to boil, wait 2 minutes, turn off the heat, and set aside to blend later.
- While the fried vegetables are cooling, chop the carrots, potatoes and zucchini into medium sized squares, chop the remaining half of the onion into small squares, crush the garlic cloves and mix them.
- In a blender place all the preparation you fried chiles and chopped tomatoes, then add parsley, salt and pepper to taste.
- In a saucepan pour a tablespoon of olive oil, before the oil heats add the garlic and onion, once they begin to heat up, add the mixture from the blender passing it through a strainer.
- When the broth begins to boil, add the carrots cut into squares, after 5 minutes add the zucchini and potato and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add the well washed shrimp with head and shell, stir a little and once they boil, cook for about 5 minutes, check that the vegetables are cooked and turn off the heat.
If you liked this recipe, be sure to check out how to prepare a delicious Shrimp Tixtihuil.
You may also be interested in: Shrimp Sango.
- Once you blend the chiles and tomato, pour a little water into the blender to take advantage of all the chile left in it.
- When you don’t want to use shrimp with head and shell to flavor the mixture, you can substitute it with shrimp bouillon cubes.
- The shrimp cooks very quickly, be careful not to let them cook for more than 5 minutes so they don’t get too chewy.
- You can always adjust the flavor of the salt and seasonings, if you think it lacks a little bit, try to add what you consider necessary, there is no general rule when it comes to seasoning this delicious Sinaloa style shrimp broth.
We hope you liked this exquisite recipe for fresh shrimp broth Sinaloa style, a food from this region characterized by its gastronomic richness in terms of dishes prepared with seafood.