Today we bring you some delicious and tender Nayarit style butter shrimp. A dish in which the shrimp are seasoned with guajillo chile and given a spicier touch by adding tabasco sauce!
- 500 grams of large shrimp
- 2 guajillo chiles
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ¼ cup hot water
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 ½ tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ½ tablespoon tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ stick butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Remove the shell, head and devein the shrimp, then rinse with water and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Devein the guajillo chiles, remove their seeds and chop them.
- Soak the chile in hot water for 15 minutes and mix with the onion and garlic.
- Add the tabasco sauce, soy sauce, lime juice, then add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the above mixture over the shrimp and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Add the butter to the pan and cook the shrimp over medium-low heat for 5 minutes on each side.
- Serve your Nayarit style butter shrimp hot and serve with your favorite garnish.
- If you are not a spicy person, we advise you not to add Tabasco sauce. However, we suggest you give a taste of the traditional Mexican flavor of this recipe.
- To save you from deveining the shrimp, you can buy them already cleaned as long as you make sure they are fresh.