Today we will prepare this incredible recipe of shrimp and octopus with garlic and pasilla chili butter. A really delicious and easy to make meal!
- 1 ½ kilograms of octopus
- 12 jumbo shrimp, cleaned
- 1 cup butter
- 3 garlic
- 2 pasilla chiles
- 1 sprig of parsley
- 1 sprig of chives
- ¼ cup olive oil
If you prefer you can also taste the octopus and shrimp with chili and vegetables recipe.
- Clean and wash the octopus very well, then boil it until tender (approximately 25 min.).
- While the octopus is cooking, peel the garlic and crush it in a mortar. Finely chop the parsley and chives. Mix all these ingredients with the butter and add olive oil to taste.
- When the octopus is soft, remove it from the heat and drain it, then cut the octopus into 3 cm pieces.
- Heat a saucepan and put some of the garlic and butter mixture, let it brown a little and when this happens, put the octopus pieces and the shrimps stirring from time to time until the shrimps are browned.
- Add the chopped chili and a little more garlic until the octopus pieces are covered. Add salt and pepper to taste and stir occasionally until the sauce is reduced.
- Serve your delicious garlic butter shrimp and octopus with salad, mashed potatoes, bread or beans.
If you liked our shrimp with octopus in butter recipe, don’t hesitate to visit our Shrimp with Garlic Mojo section.
Super pro cooking tip: The octopus cooks for 10 to 12 minutes per kilo, insert a toothpick to make sure it is soft.
- To make the octopus tender, freeze it when it is fresh and keep it frozen for 2 or 3 days before preparation.
- Previously remove its head and the sliminess that covers it.
- Before preparing your butter shrimp and octopus, thaw the octopus, bring the water to a boil, introduce it for 10 seconds, remove it, let the water return to a boil and then let it cook. This will ensure that it is soft.