Today we will teach you how to prepare a delicious cocktail or Colombian shrimp ceviche, an exquisite dish, very easy to prepare and with a flavor given by the combination of ketchup, mayonnaise and hot sauce. Come and join us to prepare this recipe in a very simple way.
- 500 grams of small shrimp
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 4 limes
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 onions
- Hot sauce to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Wash and with the help of a knife cut the shrimp in the upper part (loin) to remove the intestines. Rinse with plenty of cold water and in a pot with 1 liter of water to boil, put the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once the shrimp are ready, strain them through a colander, put them in a bowl, drain the remaining water and then let them cool for 3 minutes at room temperature, add salt to taste, the juice of 2 limes, baking soda, stir and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the olive oil, mayonnaise, ketchup, chopped onion, olive oil and stir until smooth. Add hot sauce to taste and mix well. Then sprinkle with finely chopped parsley and season with salt and black pepper to taste. Set aside for 5 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp from the refrigerator, add the juice of the remaining 2 lemons, stir a little and add the ketchup mixture, mayonnaise and add more black pepper to taste. And ready, you have a tasty Colombian shrimp ceviche.
- For best results, use small shrimp in the preparation, make sure they are raw and in their shells and peel them on your own.
- Avoid cooked shrimp, as they do not absorb the flavors well.
The traditional Colombian-style shrimp cocktail is prepared with pure mayonnaise, hot sauce and ketchup. We add extra virgin olive oil to give it a more exquisite flavor and serve it with crackers.