Today we will prepare Ecuadorian shrimp ceviche, one of the most delicious recipes prepared with seafood, in which the essence of its particular flavor is given by the combination of mustard, lemon and orange juices along with a touch of pepper.
- 800 grams of shrimp, deveined and without head
- 3 purple onions
- 4 fresh lemons
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 fresh oranges
- 1/3 cup ketchup sauce
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- Finely dice the red onions and transfer them to a medium bowl, cut the lemons, squeeze them and add the lime juice and salt. Stir for 1 minute and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Place the shrimp for 5 minutes in a pot of boiling water and add ¼ teaspoon of salt. Once they are ready, with the help of a metal strainer, transfer them to a bowl with cold water to stop cooking.
- Cut the tomatoes into small squares and add them to the bowl along with the onions. Then slice the oranges, squeeze all their juice and add it to the mixture.
- Once the shrimp are completely cold, add them to the previous mixture along with the mustard, adding pepper, ketchup, mustard and olive oil. Stir again mixing very well while adding the finely chopped cilantro.
This Ecuadorian shrimp ceviche recipe can be served with popcorn, crackers and white rice, it is excellent as an appetizer or as a main dish for your dinners.