Preparing a Mexican shrimp ceviche doesn’t have to be complicated if you follow these steps that we’ll show you below. Its flavor is delicious; besides that, it is seasoned with ketchup and jalapeño peppers and we accompany it with toast in the best Mexican style. Come and let’s prepare this dish!
- 600 grams of raw and deveined shrimps
- 1 cucumber
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 jalapeño pepper
- ½ red onion
- 2 limes
- 4 limes
- ¼ cup ketchup
- Hot sauce to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 avocado
- ½ bunch cilantro
You may also be interested in: Jalisco Style Shrimp Cocktail.
- Wash and peel shrimp, make a cut in their backs with a knife and remove their intestines. Rinse with plenty of cold water, place in a pot of boiling water and cook for 4 minutes. Once that time has passed, remove, pass through a strainer and add cold water. Then take it to the refrigerator and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Chop the tomatoes, cucumber and onion into small cubes, add the jalapeño pepper and finely chopped cilantro. Mix everything in a bowl and stir well.
- In a large bowl, mix the shrimp with the vegetable mixture and season with salt and pepper to taste. Then add the lemon and lime juice. Finally add the ketchup.
- Wash, peel and cut into small cubes the avocados, then add them to the previous mixture stirring well and serve on toast adding hot sauce to taste and ready, you have a delicious Mexican shrimp ceviche.