Preparing an exquisite Peruvian shrimp ceviche is easy if you follow these steps we have for you. This dish is ideal to be enjoyed as a starter on any occasion and you can accompany it with many other ingredients giving it your special touch.
Come and let’s prepare this dish in which we have selected the tilapia fish as an accompaniment to some fresh shrimp.
- 500 grams of medium size shrimp, peeled, deveined and cut into small pieces.
- 500 grams of tilapia cut in cubes.
- 2 medium potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup fresh lime juice
- ½ stalk celery, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 pinch ground cumin
- 1 pinch salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 tomatoes
- Slice the potatoes and sweet potatoes in a saucepan and add water to cover. Cook over low heat until you can easily pierce the potatoes with a fork, then drain and let them cool to room temperature. Place the sliced onion in a bowl of warm water, let stand for 10 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the celery, lime juice, cilantro, garlic and cumin in the bowl of a blender and blend until smooth. Pour this mixture into a large glass bowl, and add the habanero peppers and garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste, then add the diced shrimp and tilapia.
- Marinate for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. The seafood will be ready once it becomes firm and opaque.
- Cut the tomatoes into small cubes, slice a lemon and stir the onions into the mixture. And that’s it, you have a Peruvian shrimp ceviche.
This recipe can be served with corn tortillas and a cold beer if you like. We hope you enjoyed this delicious dish.
- When choosing the shrimp and fish make sure that they are fresh, for that you will have to smell them and ideally they should smell of salt water, and that they still have their heads and tails.
- Wash each shrimp very well, removing their heads and shells, devein very well and wash again with plenty of fresh water.
- To properly clean the shrimp in a bowl with cold water and white vinegar for 5 minutes to make sure they are completely clean. Keep in mind that for 1 liter of water you will need 1 glass of vinegar.