Shrimp and octopus ceviche is one of those dishes that you can’t miss on your table if you love seafood and don’t want to complicate cooking. Today we bring you a very easy to prepare recipe to which we have added jalapeño peppers to give it an extra spicy flavor.
- 3 octopus tentacles
- 500 grams of shrimp
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 lemons
- 5 oranges
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
You may also be interested in: Shrimp and Octopus Cocktail.
- Cut the octopus tentacles into small slices and set aside in a bowl. Then cut the onion, take it to a bowl, add salt to taste and add water until they are covered. Let stand for 8 minutes, drain and rinse well. In a hot skillet over medium-high heat, add 1 tablespoon oil, finely chopped garlic and cook tentacles.
- Wash and devein the shrimp with a knife, make a cut in the back of each shrimp and remove the intestines. Rinse with plenty of water and in a pot with hot water, pour the shrimp and cook for 5 minutes. Remove with the help of a metal strainer and let cool in a bowl.
- Place the octopus tentacles in a glass bowl, add the chopped onion, chopped roma tomatoes, lime juice, jalapeño pepper and salt and marinate for 40 minutes. Then cut the shrimp into small squares.
- Combine the marinated octopus with the pickled onions, chopped shrimp, orange juice, oil, cilantro and mix well. Add pepper and salt to taste. Ready, you have an exquisite shrimp and octopus ceviche.
- We recommend putting the chopped octopus and shrimp in the refrigerator a few hours before making the ceviche, and then chop them finely and marinate them.
- You can add to this ceviche, avocado cut into small cubes, accompany this dish with corn tortillas and crackers.