Clamato shrimp cocktail is a popular Mexican dish that combines cooked shrimp with chopped vegetables in a delicious mixture of tomato sauce, lime juice and hot sauce.
We cook the shrimp with residual heat to ensure that they are tender, not rubbery and can absorb the rich flavor of the cocktail!
- 1 ¼ kilogram of large shrimp
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 cucumber
- 3 large tomatoes
- 1 large red onion
- ½ cup orange flavored soda
- 170 grams ketchup sauce
- 2 cups Clamato® original or spicy flavor
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce (Worcestershire sauce)
- ¼ cup hot sauce
- 2 avocados
- Salt and pepper to taste
Discover how to prepare other tasty dishes with our special shrimp recipes.
- Heat 3.5 liters of water in a large pot over medium heat, once boiling add the shrimp and cook for 3 minutes.
- Once they are pink, turn off the heat, remove the shrimp with the help of a strainer and let them cool in a large bowl.
- Cut the cucumber, tomato and red onion into small cubes, chop the avocados and cover them with lime juice to prevent them from oxidizing.
- In a medium bowl add Worcestershire sauce or Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, orange flavored soda, Clamato, ketchup and mix well.
- Once the shrimp are cold, cut them in half and put them in each glass, then add the sauce prepared in the previous step.
- Put your shrimp cocktail with Clamato in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and before serving add salt, pepper to taste and chopped avocado.
- Using the residual heat to cook the shrimp ensures that they don’t become rubbery. Bringing the water to a boil before adding the shrimp ensures that there will be enough heat to cook them.
- Cutting the shrimp into bite-sized pieces makes them easier to scoop up with a spoon when serving them for your Clamato shrimp cocktail.
- The cucumber and red onion give this dish a crunchy texture while the avocado provides creaminess.