Today we will prepare this shrimp and avocado cocktail seasoned with red chili and cream to which we have added crab to make it more potent and nutritious!
This delicious twist on the traditional shrimp cocktail will impress any of your dinner guests, plus it’s a very simple recipe to prepare!
- 300 grams of white crab meat.
- 700 grams of medium shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined.
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chopped red chili pepper
- 1 fennel bulb
- 1 lemon, grated and squeezed in juice
- 25 milliliters olive oil
- 100 milliliters crème fraîche
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 50 millilitres of mayonnaise
- Ketchup sauce
- 1 small head of lettuce
- 2 avocados
You may also be interested in: Shrimp and Avocado Salad.
- Finely chop the fennel and mix with the lemon zest, juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and set aside for later.
- Mix the crab meat with half of the cream, then mix in the chopped chilli and fresh parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- For the cocktail sauce, mix the remaining crème fraîche with the mayonnaise and enough ketchup to give colour and flavour to the sauce.
- Finely chop the lettuce, add to the fennel salad and mix well.
- Spoon equal amounts of the salad into six cocktail glasses. Top with equal amounts of the crab mixture. Add enough shrimp to each glass and spoon cocktail sauce over.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pits. Peel the skin and cut each half into 3 pieces lengthwise. Then thinly slice into a fan shape and garnish each cocktail with the slices.
- To prepare this shrimp cocktail with avocado and crab, we recommend medium shrimp and Jumbo Lump crab meat, which is a meat with an exquisite flavor and texture, ideal for this type of dish!
- Remember to pre-cook the shrimp, you can do it in a pot with water over medium heat for 3 minutes.