This shrimp and oyster cocktail recipe is one of our favorites. We’ve added a nice boiled crab relish and prepared a spicy and delicious cocktail sauce, Bloody-Rita style.
Stick around and let’s prepare this rich and fresh dish to delight your palate and share with family and friends at your parties!
- 1 kilogram of shrimp
- 1 dozen oysters
- 1 cup cocktail sauce
- 4 tablespoons tequila
- 1 lime
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 ½ tablespoons horseradish
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce (Worcestershire sauce)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- To make the sauce, add ketchup, horseradish sauce, lemon juice, hot sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir all the ingredients together until smooth, adjust the flavor and reserve 1/3 of the sauce for the shrimp in a metal cup. Add the tequila and the juice of one lime to the remaining sauce, mix very well.
- Using a small knife, separate the oysters by inserting it into the junction of the two shells until they are separated.
- Heat the water in a pot with salt and boiled crab seasoning. When the water boils, add the shrimp and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove the shrimp and place them in a bowl with cold water, meanwhile, fill small glasses with sauce and dip the oysters in them.
- In a large glass add ice, place the metal cup in the middle and garnish the glass with shrimp. That’s it! Now you have a shrimp and oyster cocktail with a Bloody-Rita style sauce!
- Just be sure to use fresh oysters and not bottled, canned or smoked oysters. We recommend that you buy the smallest oysters you can find.
- The only science to enjoying oysters is to have a proper oyster opener and enough patience if you are out of practice.
- Remember to immediately remove the shrimp and put them in cold water to stop the cooking process, this will prevent them from becoming rubbery.