Coconut shrimp stuffed with philadelphia cheese is a dish with a delicious and creamy mixture of spicy sauce with a very exotic flavor in which ginger and scallions are added.
It is a delicious appetizer very practical, easy to make and you can serve it cold, it is ideal for any occasion. Come and join us to prepare this spectacular dish!
- 1 pound or 500 grams of shrimp without veins
- 120 grams of Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup toasted coconut
- 1 teaspoon chopped candied ginger
- Hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallions
- Boil the shrimp in water for 4 minutes with 1⁄4 teaspoon salt and pepper . Immerse them in a bowl of ice water, then remove their shells, keeping the tails.
- Cut the shrimp into butterfly shapes to fill later with the cream cheese mixture.
- In a food processor, blend the cream cheese, ginger and hot sauce to taste until combined, then add ½ of the scallions and ½ of the coconut and blend again.
- Stuff each shrimp with the cheese, ginger and hot sauce mixture.
- Mix in the leftover scallions and coconut. Then roll the stuffed part of the shrimp in the scallion-coconut mixture.
- Chill for 1 hour and place on a serving platter. That’s it, you now have coconut shrimp stuffed with philadelphia cheese.
- One of our favorite cheeses is white cream cheese because it is easy to spread. You can also add other types of cheese such as mascarpone and goat cheese.
- These coconut shrimp stuffed with cream cheese can be served especially well with breads and rice.
- In addition to candied ginger you can use ginger syrup and ginger sugar.