Today we will prepare keto coconut shrimp, a delicious, practical, simple recipe with which you can accompany some good shrimp fried in coconut oil breaded with egg and coconut flakes.
- 500 grams of shrimp – the shells are removed, but the tails are kept in the shape of a butterfly.
- ½ cup shredded coconut – unsweetened
- 1/3 cup organic coconut flour
- ½ cup coconut oil for deep frying
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, add the cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt to the coconut flour and mix well. Stir well to break up any lumps in the coconut flour.
- In another bowl, add the water to the eggs and beat with a fork. Place the coconut flakes in another small bowl.
- Holding the shrimp by the tail, coat it with the coconut flour and then shaking off the excess flour, dip the shrimp into the egg mixture until completely coated. Shake off the excess egg.
- Dredge the shrimp in the coconut flakes until well coated, shake off the excess. Then carefully place them in the oil. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until the shrimp are golden brown.
- Using tongs, remove the shrimp from the pan, place them on a plate covered with paper towels to absorb the excess oil and let them cool.
- To save money you can get whole, uncleaned shrimp… just do a little extra work and devein them to prepare them.
- After you bread your keto coconut shrimp, place them in the freezer for 1 hour. Frying them frozen will give them a nice golden crust without overcooking them.
- Dip the shrimp into the coconut and press down lightly, this will ensure fully coated shrimp!