Today we bring you some rich, tender and delicious shrimp in green cream with a powerful combination of ingredients that will make your palate explode with pleasure!
- 500 grams of peeled and deveined shrimps
- 1 kilo of zucchini chopped in long strips
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup green Mexican sauce
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 250 grams grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a paper towel on a sheet pan and place the zucchini in strips for ½ hour to sweat out excess water.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil, shrimp and minced garlic. Cook each side of the shrimp for 1-2 minutes until well pink, remove and set aside on a plate.
- Add the butter to the skillet over medium heat, allow the butter to partially melt and add the Parmesan cheese, salsa verde, chili powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir the mixture continuously until the cheese has melted, then add the shrimp and zucchini to the pan.
- Stir your shrimp in crema verde very well and cook for 4 minutes or until the zucchini softens.
- Finally sprinkle with parsley to serve and add more pepper to taste.
- Be sure to drain the excess water following the steps above, this will prevent the pan from filling with water and the mixture becoming soupy.
- Instead of adding the garlic while cooking the shrimp, you can add it to the pan with the butter when preparing the cream sauce.
- You can substitute cream sauce for the heavy cream for this recipe ¾ cup will suffice.