Today we present you with an easy-to-prepare dish with a delicious flavor: Chipotle diablo shrimp.
This rich smoked and seasoned chile gives a spicy but extraordinary flavor to the shrimp, in addition to being combined with garlic, lemon and some good tomatoes, all prepared at home.
This dish is ideal for spicy food lovers and we want you to join us to prepare it!
- 600 grams of raw shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 3 chipotle chiles
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 lemons
- 3 tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup white wine
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the shrimp into a bowl with the juice from the lemons and season with salt and pepper to taste. Let them sit for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Place chipotle peppers, garlic and roasted tomatoes in a blender, process until smooth.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil. Once oil is hot, add shrimp marinated in lime juice.
- Cook shrimp in skillet for 4 minutes to avoid overcooking. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet over medium heat; then add the chopped onion, garlic sauce with tomatoes and chipotle chili and sauté stirring constantly to prevent the mixture from sticking to the bottom. Simmer for about 10 minutes, add thyme and white wine to taste.
- Add the shrimp to the mixture and cook for 2 more minutes. Stir constantly and don’t overcook so the shrimp don’t become chewy. That’s it, you now have chipotle shrimp a la diabla, which you can serve with rice, avocado and salads.
- For a hearty dish serve your chipotle shrimp a la diabla with:Rice: White rice, brown rice, wild rice, or any kind of cooked rice works.Potatoes: Mashed or garlic mashed potatoes with herbs and roasted potatoes.
- To store leftovers, place in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- To freeze: Pour into a freezer-safe container or container and store for up to 1 month in the freezer.
- To thaw: When you’re ready to eat, let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Then reheat them on the stove or in the microwave. They’ll taste like new!