The delicious Sinaloan shrimp a la diabla are characterized by being prepared with the spicy chipotle chile and the traditional ketchup. And although a wide variety of shrimp can be used to make this recipe, today we will prepare it with large shrimp.
It’s a spectacular dish and we’ll share it with you, so don’t miss out on how to make this Sinaloa style shrimp a la diabla!
- 500 grams of large shrimp
- 1 can (200 grams) chipotle peppers, marinated
- ½ cup of ketchup or ketchup sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Olive oil
- 100 grams of butter
- 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the onion with the chopped garlic, 50 grams of butter, a tablespoon of olive oil and lemon juice.
- Add the peeled shrimp, previously deveined and without head, mix the ingredients and add salt to taste. Then let stand for 10 minutes, but ideally let stand in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
- While the shrimp are resting, blend the ketchup with the marinated chipotles. Taste and add salt or pepper to taste.
- In a skillet over medium heat, pour the remaining butter. Once hot, add the shrimp and cook for 4 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the sauce, mix and bring to a boil. Once they reach a boil, lower the heat to cook the shrimp until they are cooked through and the sauce is thick.
- And voila! You can now serve and enjoy this exquisite Sinaloa style shrimp a la diabla recipe with avocado, rice, spaghetti and different vegetables.
- Add salt and lime to correct the flavor of the sauce to your liking.
- Stir the preparation constantly so that the shrimp cook evenly and integrate with the other ingredients.
- Add the sauce to the pan before the shrimp are completely cooked. This way, you finish cooking them with the juice and the result is optimal, otherwise they would be too dry and hard.
- To thicken the sauce faster, we can add a tablespoon of flour or cornstarch.
- Cook over medium-low heat your Sinaloa style shrimp a la diabla, this way you can better control the cooking.
Keep in mind that to prepare these delicious Sinaloa style chipotle shrimp you don’t have to be a culinary expert but follow these simple steps to get a really delicious dish!