Are you a lover of delicious Mexican food? Do you love shrimp and tasting exotic and delicious dishes?
Then don’t miss this dried shrimp appetizer that we’ll show you how to prepare.
- 1 kilogram of dried shrimp
- 2 red or wide pasilla chiles
- 1 kilogram of crushed tomatoes
- ½ kilo of white onion
- 4 heads of garlic
- ½ liter of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- To prepare this tasty dried prawn appetizer, sauté the finely chopped onion in oil until it turns a dark golden colour.
- Remove the legs and heads from the prawns but do not peel or remove the tails, then set aside in a bowl.
- In a saucepan add the roasted and crushed tomatoes along with the red chillies, finely chopped garlic and cook over a low heat.
- Once the tomatoes are fried and the fat has been consumed, add the dried shrimp and stir occasionally.
- Sauté the shrimp over low heat for 15 minutes along with the sauce and add pepper to taste, adjusting the flavour.
We hope you enjoyed these delicious shrimp with chili sauce and roasted tomato.
An excellent dish to share at our tables and serve with toast, salads and as a snack sauce.
- The most recommended chiles to prepare this delicious dried shrimp snack are red or ancho chiles, guajillo chiles and piquín chiles. Try any of them you like!