Today we are going to prepare some delicious baked shrimp empanadas, a pretty simple recipe that you can definitely make on a weeknight without bothering too much.
- ½ kilogram of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 9 empanada patty tops
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 80 grams of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Pepper Jack cheese
- Grill seasoning
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add garlic and red peppers and cook until fragrant.
- Add the shrimp to the pan, season the shrimp with the grill seasoning and cook for a few minutes until the shrimp turn bright pink.
- Drizzle the lemon juice into the pan, add the cream cheese and half of the Pepper Jack and mozzarella. Then stir continuously until the cheese has melted.
- Place the empanada wrappers on a flat surface, dip a kitchen brush in water, glaze each of the empanada wrappers with the wet brush along the edges. This will soften the crust and make it easier to roll.
- Add the shrimp mixture to each of the empanadas, sprinkle the remaining cheese over the shrimp mixture, close the empanadas and roll them in half.
- Pinch the crust along each edge, roll each side inward and keep turning the crust until closed.
- Add the empanadas to a pre-oiled baking sheet, bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the empanadas from the oven, melt the butter in the microwave for 25 seconds and using a kitchen brush, spread the melted butter over the top of each empanada, allow to cool before serving.
We hope you liked this recipe for baked shrimp empanadas stuffed with cream cheese and topped with shrimp, red pepper with sticky pepperjack and mozzarella cheese in a tasty, tender and somewhat buttery crust.
- If you have enough time you can peel and devein the shrimp yourself. Also try to use fresh shrimp in this recipe, if they are fresh from the sea, all the better.