Today we will prepare this simple recipe of marinated shrimp in shell with chipotle sauce, combined with a fresh orange and lemon juice.
- 500 grams of large shrimp with tails and deveined
- 1 can of chipotle chiles
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ teaspoon chipotle adobo sauce
- Salt and black pepper to taste.
- In a zip-top plastic bag, combine the olive oil, 1/3 of the garlic, a large pinch of salt and pepper, and the shrimp. Marinate for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, add the remaining garlic, orange juice and chipotle sauce to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and cook the mixture until it has reduced to a light glaze, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Remove shrimp from marinade and allow excess juices to drain into bag. Discard marinade.
- Place shrimp in hot skillet and cook until shrimp turn pink on each side, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place shrimp in a bowl and add chopped cilantro, lime juice, orange glaze and mix well. Serve your shrimp enchipotadas in the shell with rice, salad or bread.
- If you have a little more time you can devein the shrimp yourself. Also remember to select the freshest shrimp and in case you have to refrigerate them, do it for 2 days at the most.