Today we have for you a delicious recipe for gluten free shrimp and chickpea fritters. It is a very easy to prepare appetizer, crispy, fluffy and quick to make. A Spanish recipe ideal for those who love breaded and fried seafood.
- 250 grams of shrimp, finely chopped and well dried
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons of chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- 3 tablespoons rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup water
- Peel and devein the shrimp, rinse with plenty of water and let dry in a bowl. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium deep skillet over medium-low heat. Once oil is hot, reduce heat to low.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chickpea flour, rice flour, baking soda, salt and paprika. Then add the shrimp, parsley and chopped shallots.
- Mix well with a large spoon or silicone spatula until well combined. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Form the pancakes with your hands and fry in batches of 3 for about 5 minutes, or until golden brown. Once ready, transfer them to a tray and allow the oil to drain.
- Serve your gluten free shrimp tortilla chips with the sauce of your choice, we like homemade teriyaki sauce.
- When cooking the gluten-free shrimp tortilla chips, keep the heat on low to prevent the oil from heating up too quickly, burning and altering the flavor of the pancakes.
- Always keep in mind to wash and devein the shrimp to avoid leaving their intestines in the preparation, also select small shrimp so that they cook more easily.
- If you want the pancakes to be fluffy, add 1 teaspoon more baking soda to the batter.