Today we bring you this extraordinary recipe for baked shrimp fritters ideal for those who enjoy snacks without fried food. A delicious, nutritious and very healthy meal since it does not use oil in its preparation.
- 450 grams of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and grated
- 1 spring onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped red peppers
- 1 ½ cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Add 2/3 of the raw shrimp to a food processor to make a paste, chop the other 1/3 of the shrimp into small pieces, blend and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the grated sweet potato, onion, peppers, minced garlic, panko, eggs and stir until smooth.
- Once the mixture from the previous step is ready, add the shrimp paste and stir, then form 8 pancakes with your hands and place them on a tray or plate lined with aluminum foil.
- Put the mixture in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Meanwhile preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and grease a baking sheet with the butter.
- When ready to eat, transfer the shrimp fritters to the baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes on each side.
- The key to good baked shrimp pancakes is to make sure the batter is thick, because if it’s runny it will melt on the baking sheet and make a big mess. You do this by slowly adding more panko bread to the batter as you stir.
This recipe we made is super crispy, light and the ingredients used are very easy to find. We hope you enjoyed it!