One of the variants of dishes prepared with shrimp that we have for you is the Peruvian shrimp omelette, a meal prepared in Arequipa, a region known for its rich and varied gastronomy in which you can also find soups such as shrimp chupe. Stick around and learn how to prepare this simple omelette.
- 4 eggs
- 200 grams of shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 sprig of chopped chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil, add the chopped onion, chives, parsley and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Then add the shrimp pieces and cook, stirring occasionally until slightly pink, 4 minutes more. Remove from heat.
- In a bowl, crack the eggs and then stir for 5 minutes until you have a frothy mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In the same skillet that the shrimp are in, heat over medium-low heat and then pour in the eggs and cook each side of your Peruvian shrimp omelet for 3 minutes.
This Arequipa shrimp omelette can be served with rice and salads. It is very quick and easy to prepare, you don’t need to be a professional to make this very nutritious recipe.
- Optionally you can add chopped red pepper if you wish and grate cheese on top as soon as it is cooked.
- Chop the shrimp into small squares so they cook better and faster. If you chop the shrimp into dice-sized squares, it will be enough.