Preparing good shrimp and codfish fritters does not have to be a complicated task if you follow the steps below. Let’s prepare this delicious dish in which fresh shrimps stand out with one of the most nutritious fish such as cod, seasoned with pepper, parsley and mustard.
- 150 grams of fresh shrimp
- 250 grams of raw cod fillets
- 3 tablespoons corn flour
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1 large potato
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- White wine to taste or the juice of 2 lemons
- Wash and peel the potato, cut it into pieces and boil it in a small pot with enough water and a little salt. Cook until you can easily pierce it with a fork or knife; about 15-20 minutes. Rinse with cold water and then set aside.
- While the potatoes are cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the garlic and stir then add the fresh cod and fry for a few minutes on each side until done and flakes easily. Remove the fish to a plate and add the shrimp to the pan.
- Cook the shrimp until cooked through; the time will depend on their size, but they will be ready once they turn pink. Deglaze the pan with the lemon juice or wine, scraping up the browned bits and pour over the fish and shrimp, then let cool.
- In a large bowl, add the potatoes and mash them (you can leave them a little lumpy). Season with salt and pepper to taste. Flake the fish and chop the shrimp if they are large. Then add this to the potato mixture, as well as the onions, parsley and greens.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Pour in the fish and potato mixture and stir a little at a time until evenly mixed. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for an hour or two to chill.
- Sprinkle the corn flour on a plate, form the tortillas and dip both sides in the flour, then heat oil in a frying pan and fry the shrimp and cod pancakes for 4 minutes on each side.
One thing you should take into account is that you have to gently stir the mixture and season with either white wine or lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
We hope you liked this simple but exquisite recipe of shrimp and codfish fritters, you can serve them with the sauce of your preference, rice and salads.