Today we bring you this recipe for shrimp omelet with egg, a very simple dish to make, ideal for those looking for a rich, nutritious and quick breakfast to start the morning with energy.
- 100 grams of peeled and deveined shrimp
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 sprig of chopped scallion
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat, lower the heat to low and add the coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of butter. Then add the scallion and minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the mixture, stir occasionally and remove them once you notice they are pink, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, break and beat eggs until frothy, about 5 minutes.
- In the same hot skillet over medium-low heat, add 3 tablespoons oil, the egg mixture and cook one side of the omelet for 2 minutes, flip the omelet and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Keep the omelet moving by shaking the pan so it slides around and you know it’s not sticking. Add a little more vegetable oil if needed, salt and pepper to taste.
- Depending on the size of your wok or skillet it is best to cook the shrimp and egg omelet in individual portions for 1 person. If you need to cook more, repeat the process.
- You can reserve a portion of cooked shrimp to add on top of the omelet along with chopped scallions and grated cheese.
Both eggs and seafood contain large amounts of protein with minimal carbohydrates, making these ingredients a great choice if you’re looking to eat well without spending a lot of money.