Chipotle shrimp in garlic mojo is one of the ways in which these delicious crustaceans are prepared. This recipe contains an exquisite combination of lemon juice, parsley, olive oil and garlic, which is finally marinated with chili powder.
The black pepper and lemon juice give the shrimp a very peculiar and pleasant taste and texture. Come and let’s prepare this delicious Mexican dish very easy to make.
- 300 grams of butter
- 1 kilogram of shrimp
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 6 finely chopped parsley leaves
- ½ cup olive oil
- Chipotle chili powder
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- Peel and finely chop the garlic cloves, put them in a small bowl and add olive oil, chopped cilantro, salt, black pepper and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Devein shrimp and rinse with plenty of water, drain for 12 minutes.
- Add the butter to a hot saucepan over medium-low heat, then add the garlic and olive oil mixture and stir well for 3 minutes or until you see the garlic cook.
- Add the lemon juice, black pepper to taste, increase the heat to medium and add the shrimp, add salt to taste and stir the mixture constantly. Once the shrimp turn pink add 2 tablespoons of chipotle chili powder and stir for 3 more minutes.
- Use butter instead of margarine, this way you will have a better flavor in the preparation, besides margarine burns very fast.
- Don’t let the shrimp cook any longer once they are pink because they will be overcooked, hard and chewy.
- You can use marinated chipotle peppers, if you decide to use chipotle peppers I recommend chopping them finely and adding them about 2 minutes after the garlic and olive oil mixture.
- The chipotle garlic mojo shrimp can easily be served with rice, avocado and vegetables.