Today I will teach you how to prepare some delicious shrimp with garlic mojo Sinaloa style, one of the main recipes of this Mexican state, in which its gastronomic richness comes from the sea.
It is a very characteristic dish of this place in which its representative dishes are made with fish and seafood. Come and join me to prepare this delicious dish!
- 2 kilograms of shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ liter of olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Juice of 4 lemons
- 300 grams of butter
- ½ teaspoon dried red pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
You may also be interested in: Shrimp Burritos.
- Peel 3 cloves of garlic and crush them, take them to a bowl and pour ¼ of olive oil, the wine, salt and black pepper. Mix and set aside.
- While the mixture is resting, remove the shell and head from the shrimp, remove the shell, then wash and rinse well.
- Devein the shrimp, make a cut with a knife along the length of the shrimp and remove the black vein they contain, rinse again and let drain for 10 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the mixture of wine, garlic, oil and black pepper and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat a skillet over medium-low heat and add the remaining finely chopped garlic and the oil from the shrimp marinade. Sauté for 3 minutes, then add shrimp in batches of 5 and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add parsley and lemon juice to finish, and that’s it!
- For a better maceration, mix the ingredients for 1 minute with a wooden spoon and cover the container in which you are preparing it with a clean cloth.
- You can crush the garlic cloves as you wish, I did it with a wooden mortar as it is a very common kitchen tool at home, if you don’t have one, you can do it with a fork.
I hope you liked this Sinaloa style shrimp with garlic mojo recipe, it’s very easy to prepare and you can eat it for lunch, dinner or when you have guests at home.