Garlic mojo shrimp with rice, very tender, deliciously juicy and smothered in finely chopped garlic, butter and lemon juice, well seasoned with just the right touch of spices and black pepper. This is the recipe we will prepare today, very easy to make and quite practical when it comes to having a good meal at home.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ cube chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- A handful of chopped parsley leaves
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Pinch of cumin
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 250 grams of rice
- In a saucepan with hot water over medium-high heat add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and half a chicken bouillon cube, when the water comes to a boil add the rice and lower the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Pour in a blender 3 cloves of peeled garlic along with black pepper to taste. Set aside.
- While the rice is cooking, melt the butter with the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions 2 finely chopped garlic cloves and cook until the garlic releases its aroma and the onions are translucent.
- Add shrimp in batches of 6, season with black pepper, cumin and salt to taste and cook, add garlic-pepper mixture and stir occasionally until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice and parsley and serve immediately with rice.
I hope you liked this very easy to prepare recipe of shrimp with garlic mojo with rice, the chicken broth will give a very nice color and flavor to the rice in the cooking process.