Octopus meat is one of the culinary delights which becomes tough when cooked moderately and tender when cooked for a long time. Today we will prepare shrimp and octopus in garlic mojo, an exquisite combination when vinegar and pasilla chile are added to the preparation.
This recipe seems difficult to achieve when we add the octopus to the ingredients, but don’t worry, today we will see those details that will make us have a delicious dish without many complications. Stick around and let’s prepare this simple recipe.
- 1 kilogram of octopus, cleaned and drained
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 4 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 diced tomatoes
- 2 pasilla chiles
- 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
- 1 bay leaf, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- Clean and devein the shrimp, cut the octopus into cubes and set aside.
- Blend 3 cloves of peeled garlic, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 50 grams of butter, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the octopus and shrimp in a bowl and then add the sauce prepared with garlic and lemon juice. Place a lid on the bowl and marinate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and once hot, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Lower the heat, add butter, chopped tomato, onion, garlic and finely chopped pasilla chili.
- Then add the octopus and shrimp in their sauce, chopped paprika, bay leaf, salt and pepper to taste, cook over low heat for 10 to 15 minutes on each side or until evenly browned.
This delicious recipe of shrimp with octopus in garlic mojo can be served with white rice. The combination of pasilla chili, tomato and paprika gives a super exquisite flavor to this dish, which takes a little work to prepare but is worth the effort in the end.