Today we will prepare some delicious garlic mojo shrimp with shell, a very simple and quick recipe to prepare with which you can begin to train your culinary skills.
The amount of marinade you add and the cooking time of this preparation will determine how seasoned and tender these delicious shrimp will be.
- 500 grams of medium sized shrimp in shell
- Juice of 2 lemons
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 heads garlic
- 12 pieces of coarse pepper
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- Peel the 3 heads of garlic and put them in a blender together with the lemon juice, the coarse pepper and the sea salt, blend until you get a homogeneous paste.
- Wash very well and with the help of a knife remove the heads and then make a cut on the back of the shrimp until they are almost cut in 2. Then rinse them very well with cold water and let them rest in a colander to drain the water.
- Place the shrimp in a bowl and add the mixture of garlic, lemon juice and sea salt. Place a lid on the bowl and marinate for 10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat and fry the shrimp 4 at a time on both sides, approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.
And that’s it, you already have some delicious garlic mojo shrimp with shell which you can serve with your noodles, rice and salads.
- When you proceed to cut the shrimp to remove the intestines, try to use a sharp knife and do it carefully to avoid cutting yourself and to avoid cutting the shrimp completely in two.
- Try to remove the vein or intestines from the shrimp with your fingers or a pair of tweezers.
- You can add more coarse or sweet pepper to the marinade if you wish, another combination you could use is black pepper and a tablespoon of cinnamon powder.