Super easy, delicious and quick to prepare! Let’s stay and prepare this spectacular shrimp dish with a special touch of guajillo chili powder and red chili flakes.
- 500 grams (1 pound) large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ¼ teaspoon guajillo chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chile flakes
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, white and green parts separated
- Fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 scallions, finely chopped, green and white parts separated
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl add honey, ginger, minced garlic, olive oil, ¼ teaspoon of guajillo chili powder and then the shrimp. Mix a little and let the shrimp marinate for 20 minutes at room temperature.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat add the shrimp and keep the liquid (marinade) from the shrimp in the bowl. Cook shrimp for 2 minutes on each side or until pink. Then reserve the shrimp in a saucepan.
- Lower the heat to medium and melt the butter in the same pan. Add the white parts of the scallions, shallots and red chili flakes. Cook for a few minutes until soft and fragrant. Add coconut milk, fish sauce and simmer until reduced and thickened, about 4 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add shrimp and lime juice. Simmer for a few minutes until the shrimp are cooked through. Finally add the green parts of the scallions and cilantro.
- When cooking the shrimp, make sure the pan is hot enough, you should hear a sizzling sound as soon as the shrimp touch the pan.
- If you don’t have a large enough skillet or pan, cook the garlic shrimp with coconut milk in batches if necessary.