Today we will prepare some garlic shrimp with cream and parmesan cheese, ideal to accompany your pasta and steamed vegetables. A very easy and quick dish to prepare that you can share with family and friends.
- 1 pound (500 grams) shrimp, with or without tails
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 guajillo chile pepper
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups of reduced-fat cream
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
You may also be interested in:
- Wash very well, peel and devein the shrimp with the help of a knife or skewer. Carefully remove the intestines and rinse with plenty of water, then set aside in a bowl and let the water drain.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper to taste and fry 1 to 2 minutes on each side until cooked through and pink. Transfer to a bowl and let stand.
- Melt the butter in the same pan in which you cooked the shrimp. Add garlic and finely chopped guajillo chile and sauté until fragrant (about 40 seconds). Then pour in the white wine or chicken stock and let it reduce by half while you scrape up any bits of garlic from the bottom of the pan.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, gradually add the cream and bring to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste, adjusting the flavor. Then add the Parmesan cheese and let the sauce simmer for 1 minute or so until the cheese melts and the sauce thickens.
- Add the shrimp back to the pan, sprinkle with parsley. Taste the sauce and adjust with salt and pepper if necessary. Serve these rich garlic shrimp with cream on top of pasta, rice or steamed vegetables.