Garlic shrimp with mushrooms is an excellent dish to serve on special occasions, its flavor is made more exquisite by incorporating extra virgin olive oil, aromatic herbs and different chiles in addition to the guajillo chile.
Today we will prepare this recipe in a very easy and quick way, which you can serve with pieces of bread and add other herbs to your liking.
- 450 grams (1 pound) of clean and deveined shrimp (if possible)
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 450 grams (1 pound) mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 guajillo chile bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish
You may also be interested in:
- Before starting, clean the shrimp very well with plenty of water, remove their heads and shells and turn them inside out. Rinse again with plenty of water to avoid intestine remains in the preparation, set aside in a bowl in the meantime.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Then add the finely chopped garlic and sauté until it is lightly browned and releases its aroma. Do not let the garlic brown because it will become bitter. Set aside on a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a large skillet over medium-high heat, then add the shrimp and sauté for 3 minutes until they turn pink. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Transfer them to the same dish in which you placed the previously cooked garlic.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan over medium-high heat and stir occasionally until they are cooked (about 4 minutes) and juicy. Season again with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the finely chopped guajillo chile and stir for 1 minute, then the shrimp and garlic and stir for 2 more minutes. Add the parsley just before serving and garnish with a sprig of rosemary.
Garlic shrimp with mushrooms is an excellent alternative to enjoy with pasta or to use as a sauce for grilled meats and chicken. Use more or less guajillo chile and incorporate other types of chile to alter the flavor to your liking.