Today we will prepare a delicious Alfredo pasta with shrimp and broccoli in a practical and quick way. Come and discover this easy to make recipe by following the steps below.
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium broccoli floret, trimmed and cut small
- 1 medium cauliflower 5-6 cups florets
- 1 package pasta
- 250 grams Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon mild, sweet paprika
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth or water
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a pot of boiling water, add a tablespoon of salt and cook the pasta according to package directions or until al dente. Then strain through a colander and set aside.
- Season the shrimp with paprika or seasoning of your choice, salt and pepper to taste and cook in a skillet adding 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until pink on each side. Set aside.
- Add broccoli florets to a pot of boiling salted water to cook for about 5 minutes, then remove and reserve broth. Sauté the garlic in a nonstick skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over low heat until the garlic is soft and fragrant, about 1-2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the cauliflower in the pot containing the broccoli stock and cook until tender, checking for doneness with a fork. It should be cooked in about 7-8 minutes.
- Place the cauliflower in a bowl, add a cup of the broth in which the cauliflower was cooked, the sautéed garlic with the oil, along with the milk, onion powder, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Blend until the sauce is smooth. If sauce is too thick, add more broth, 1/2 cup at a time.
- Place pasta in a skillet, pour cauliflower Alfredo sauce over it, then add cooked shrimp and broccoli. Toss everything together and garnish with fresh parsley or pepper flakes. Enjoy your shrimp and broccoli Alfredo pasta!