Today we will prepare this spectacular recipe for spaghetti with garlic butter shrimp. One of the simplest and most exquisite dishes to enjoy on any occasion.
- 450 grams of shrimp, deveined and without tails
- 150 grams of spaghetti
- 6 tablespoons of butter
- 2 large cloves of garlic, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine (we use Pinot Blanc)
- 2 lemons
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- In a large pot, heat water with half a tablespoon of salt over high heat. Once boiling, add spaghetti and cook until al dente.
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add the shrimp to the skillet in a single layer and cook until opaque, about 2 minutes per side. Once cooked, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Next, add 2 tablespoons of butter to the skillet. Once melted, add the minced garlic and cook until softened. Lower the heat, if necessary, to prevent the garlic from browning. Add the wine, grated zest and lemon juice. Bring to a boil and allow the mixture to reduce for a minute or so.
- Lower the heat and slowly add the rest of the butter (1-2 tablespoons at a time). Use a whisk on low speed until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the cooked shrimp to the sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle the parsley over the top. Add the cooked spaghetti and, using tongs, toss to combine.
You can add pepper to taste once this spaghetti with butter shrimp recipe is ready, as you will see it is very easy to prepare and the wine gives a very peculiar flavor to this dish.
- Depending on the size of the pan, you will have to cook the shrimp in batches.
- You can use any white wine you like, Chardonnay, Sauvignon blanc or Riesling.