For pasta lovers, we bring a combination that we have always loved, fusilli pasta with shrimp. It’s delicious and it has a powerful but at the same time delicate mix of flavors and textures!
Stay at Camaroneros.info and discover how to prepare fusilli with shrimp step by step, a recipe that you can enjoy with family and friends.
- 500 grams of peeled and deveined shrimps
- 250 grams of fusilli pasta
- 60 grams of Gruyere cheese
- Olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 3 cups of sour cream or cream
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste
- 1 glass of dry white wine
- ½ tablespoon chipotle chili to taste
- 200 grams of mushrooms (optional)
- 1 guajillo chile finely chopped (optional)
- Juice of and lime
- Salt and black pepper to taste
You may also be interested in: chiles stuffed with shrimp.
- Prepare the fusilli according to package directions. We like the pasta to be well cooked. We like the pasta to be well cooked. 10 minutes over medium heat is enough.
- Dice the white onion into small cubes, place a frying pan over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté the onion until transparent.
- Add the cooked fusilli with the garlic paste, salt and pepper to taste. Sauté in the pan over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. You will notice that the pasta will darken slightly.
- Add the butter, mushrooms and sliced chili. Sauté for about 8 minutes. (Add just butter if you don’t like the optional ingredients).
- Add peeled shrimp and sauté for about 8 minutes maximum, keep heat on medium-low.
- Pour in the white wine, cream and let the fusilli cook for 2 more minutes. Turn off the heat, remove and serve your fusilli with shrimp adding Gruyere cheese on top with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Fusillis or screws are a type of helix-shaped pasta, usually 4 centimeters long, also made with vegetables and you can easily find them in any supermarket in your area.
We hope you liked this pasta sautéed with shrimp, chili and mushrooms. It is a dish specially prepared for those who love spicy food.
- Remember that some seafood doesn’t require a lot of cooking, so watch the time your shrimp cook in the pan. Do not exceed 4 minutes.
- Instead of grating Gruyere cheese on top of your Fusilli with shrimp, you can opt for Parmesan cheese, it is another cheese that goes very well with this type of dish.