Macaroni with shrimp is one of the easiest dishes to make, today we’ll show you how to prepare this delicious combination of mozzarella cheese, smoked cheddar and parmesan mixed with some delicious macaroni. This dish inspired by these tender seafood is one of the most practical to prepare!
- 500 grams (1 pound) peeled shrimp
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 50 grams of butter
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 30 grams of all-purpose flour
- 500 milliliters of milk
- 250 grams of elbow macaroni
- 150 grams of freshly grated cheddar, gruyere or other cheese
- 100 grams of mozzarella cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups warm tap water
- Heat the oil and melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large deep skillet over high heat. Then add shrimp, sprinkle with pepper and cook for 2 minutes. Add finely chopped garlic to the mixture and cook for 1 minute until the shrimp have changed color but are not cooked through, then transfer to a bowl.
- In a large saucepan heat over medium heat and melt the remaining butter. Add the flour and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the milk a little at a time while stirring. Once the mixture is incorporated and smooth, add the mustard powder, salt, pepper to taste and then the water.
- Once the liquid is hot, add the macaroni and cook for 8 minutes, stirring regularly until the macaroni is almost cooked.
- Add the cheeses to the mixture and stir, then stir in the shrimp, add salt and pepper to taste and adjust the flavor. Let the sauce absorb and thicken slightly. Sprinkle with a little parsley to taste and let cool to serve your macaroni and shrimp.