Try this delicious chipotle shrimp pasta with a super creamy sauce with a delicious spicy kick. A dish that can be served with fresh steamed vegetables, pancakes and a nice crusty bread.
You can use noodles, linguine, spaghetti or tagliatelle in this recipe. Join us to prepare this dish ideal for spicy noodle lovers.
- 250 grams of dry pasta, linguine, fettuccine, etc.
- 1 pound (500 grams) large peeled shrimp
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced, seeded, cored and cored
- 4 or 5 small fresh plum tomatoes or 10 cherry tomatoes, stem ends and seeds removed and sliced
- 2 or 3 canned chipotle peppers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1 ½ cups light cream or evaporated milk.
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 150 grams spinach
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional.
- Salt and pepper, to taste
You may also be interested in:
- Boil pasta in a medium saucepan until al dente, cook according to package directions. Drain in a colander and set aside. Meanwhile, peel and devein shrimp, rinse with water and set aside in a bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, add the chopped onions, stirring occasionally, and sauté for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, tomatoes, peppers, spinach and cumin. Sauté for 2 more minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add shrimp, chipotle peppers, lime juice and cream or evaporated milk. Simmer until shrimp are cooked through.
- Stir in cilantro. Taste and adjust seasoning by adding salt, pepper and, if necessary, additional chipotle to taste.
- Transfer pasta to a large bowl, sprinkle with grated cheese to taste and pour shrimp sauce over pasta. Stir until well blended and transfer to a serving plate.
We hope you liked this delicious chipotle shrimp pasta recipe, you can enjoy it for lunch or dinner.
- Once you notice that the shrimp are orange in color, they are ready to be removed from the cooker, do not let them cook for more than 5 minutes.
- The shrimp you can use to prepare this delicious chipotle shrimp pasta can range from jumbo shrimp to pacotilla shrimp. We prefer to use larger shrimp in our dishes.